At ENTEGEE, you’ll find
the technical position
you’ve been searching for
Chem Technician - 53609530 - AD
Job Code: 53609530
Job Location: ST PAUL, MN
Last Updated: 10/10/2016
Job Location: ST PAUL, MN
Last Updated: 10/10/2016
To provide technical assistance to scientists in the laboratory by performing and documenting routine laboratory experiments, operating laboratory equipment, testing samples and products, and collecting test data.
Major Duties and Responsibilities -
• Prepares, operates, and maintains laboratory equipment for testing. Prepares samples and materials for testing. Supports technical staff with product development by performing routine tests to determine specific characteristics of experimental materials, or existing product modifications.
• Assembles for documentation the total process used in testing. Records test results in laboratory technical notebooks or on electronic equipment programs. Communicates results and information to the appropriate requester.
• Maintains supply of inventory to ensure laboratories are properly stocked. May order supplies of raw materials as needed.
• Responsible for maintaining an orderly lab space by organizing experimental materials and routine cleaning of experimental equipment and workspaces.
Skills and Knowledge Applied -
• A high school diploma or equivalent.
• At least twelve months of post high school formal technical training, or the equivalent job skills training in a technical field that involves measurement techniques, recording data, and performing technical tasks.
• At least six months of related job experience.
• Job skills include preparing samples, making measurements, performing tests, using instrumentation, following written procedures, low level equipment troubleshooting, the ability to record data, using office software (word processors, spreadsheets and e-mail), following maintenance protocols, learning new software tools for running instrumentation, mathematical skills for simple calculations, the ability to coordinate activities with other team members, and good oral and written communication skills.
Complexity of Duties -
• Structure/Variation of Work: This job involves operations that are defined and follow clear patterns. Requires judgment to deal with slight variations in conditions or operations. Decisions are apparent, as the number of alternative courses of action is usually limited.
• Problem Solving/Analysis: Most problems encountered in this job are comparable in nature and are cyclic. Solutions are evident and most often based upon past practices and/or experience, and may include the gathering of readily available facts.
• Innovation and Creativity: The job provides some opportunities for deviation from accepted procedures. Innovation and creativity used in this job include some changes to procedures and/or methods. Employees are expected to offer suggestions for improvements.
Impact on Business -
• Independence/Work Review: Work is reviewed regularly while in progress and upon completion. Generally, assignments are made up of a series of activities and tasks to be completed. Difficult questions are referred to the supervisor.
• Impact of Decisions: Decisions have some impact on the immediate work unit. Mistakes require time and effort to correct. Errors could result in waste, delay or damage with some effect on work unit operations, schedules or performance goals.
• Restricted Information: The employee regularly works with restricted information. information in this job could result in loss of proprietary advantages.
Working With Others -
• Internal Contacts: The job has regular contact with others (excluding those in the job's immediate work group), such as non-managerial employees such as scientists that involve giving and/or receiving factual information, usually with explanation and discussion.
• External Contacts: The job has regular contact with others , such as outside business groups, suppliers, or contractors that involve giving and/or receiving factual information, usually with explanation and discussion.
Appendix of Potential Tests / Activities -
• Peel Testing (180° and 90°)
• Static Shear Testing (RT and elevated temp)
• Dynamic Shear Testing (RT and elevated temp)
• Drop Testing (GFF and Dupont)
• Push-out Testing
• Anti-Lifting Tests
• Environmental Aging and Cycling Tests (Heat and Humidity Studies)
• Heat Bonding
• Lamination / heat lamination
• Substrate / Sample Prep (die cutting, roll down, sizing)
• Caliper Measurements
• Bonding Profile Measurements
For more information about this position, please contact the Entegee New Hope, MN office at 763-577-9000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference job # 53609530AD
Equal Opportunity Employer
Entegee is an equal opportunity employer. Entegee considers applicants for all positions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. No question in the website is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on any basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.